Campus Closure Changes Deadline
Petition deadlines will be extended from Friday, Nov. 16 to Monday, Nov. 26 for students who need to submit a petition:
- to withdraw from the semester
- to late drop a course
- for post-census enrollment
- Check My Progress on your Student Center, available in the drop down box on the left.
- Webpage for Changing or Declaring a Major
Academic Advising & Retention Services provides advising for General Education, Undeclared Students, students requiring remediation, International Students and those on probation or disqualified. Transition advising is provided by this office through Frosh and Transfer Orientations.
When Is the Best Time to Make an Appointment?
- Academic Advising & Retention Services is least busy during mid-semester - October for Fall semester and March for Spring semester. Take advantage of these months to seek GE advising!
- Visit our Appointment vs. Drop In webpage to learn about the types of questions that can be asked in drop in advising, and which questions will require an appointment.
The Advising Hub is meant to serve as a resource for all undergraduate students to aid in student success. As the name suggests, it's at the center of many advising and academic support services available at SJSU. This site can be used to locate and access the information and people you need to help you progress smoothly to your degree objective.
AARS Advising Hours for Spring 2018:
Monday - Thursday: 8:15 AM - 4:45 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Please call our office (408-924-2129) to schedule an appointment or for more information about our office hours.
We are located in the Student Services Center at 9th and San Fernando.