Welcome to the Undeclared Pre-Nursing page!
UPN stands for Undeclared Pre-Nursing. It is an undeclared track for students preparing to apply to SJSU's Nursing program.
- Academic planning
- Understanding academic policy
- Identifying alternate majors and understanding various pathways towards nursing
- Career exploration
Applying to UPN
- Sign up for a mandatory informational workshop at UPN Workshop Sign-Up.
- Complete UPN requirements.
- Complete 3 out of 5 Big 5 courses with a 3.2 GPA or higher in these courses(Engl1A, Stat95, Biol65, Biol66, Micro20).
- After completing the workshop and requirements, meet with a UPN advisor to complete the UPN application and Change of Major form.
UPN students are expected to complete mandatory advising requirements every semester. Requirements may consist of workshops, worksheets, appointments, etc.
UPN students are expected to apply to Nursing as soon as they are eligible and by the time they have earned 60 units.
Workshop Dates :
Spring 2020 date will posting soon.