Transfer Orientation for Spring 2017 admits is a mandatory one-day program that will acquaint you with the campus, introduce you to your college and major department, and provide you with critical academic planning information. SJSU faculty and staff will:
- Discuss and explain key university services
- Review what’s next before you start classes in the spring
- Provide a General Education advising workshop
- Explain SJSU Studies requirements (formerly Advanced GE) and preparation for the Writing Skills Test (WST)
- Introduce you to your college and major department, where you will meet with major advisors
Reservations and payments are done through http://nextsteps.sjsu.edu/ In order to reserve your spot, you must RSVP and pay the mandatory $70 non-refundable fee by November 15,2016. Please print and keep a copy of your registration and/or payment confirmation page for your records.
You are required to attend the entire program. If you do not attend or if you leave during any portion of the event, you will be blocked from registering for classes. All students, including those who have attended SJSU in the past, must attend the program. Students who arrive late will not be allowed to attend the program. We are sorry, but we do not have room to accommodate guests at the program.
A PDF confirmation letter with program information and a parking permit will be messaged to you via http://my.sjsu.edu approximately one week prior to your program date.
Spring 2017 orientation - January 20, 2017
What to Bring to Orientation
Bring a picture ID and orientation confirmation for check in, and paper and a writing utensil for note taking.
Also, you may bring any of the following optional items from your personal file of your SJSU admission information:
- Admission Letter
- Copies of transcripts from other colleges
- Placement test scores
- Financial Aid forms
- Anything else related to your enrollment
This event is wheelchair accessible. Individuals needing sign language interpreters, escorts, or other accommodations should contact the Accessible Education Center at 408-924-6000 two weeks prior to the session.