Large Lecture Rooms
There are a total of 7 classrooms (including Morris Dailey) that will hold 100 students or more and are not included in the allocation to the colleges. Academic Scheduling maintains control of these rooms, allowing college coordinators to request placement in these rooms at the end of Round 1.5.
Below are the steps departments must follow for classes to be scheduled into a large lecture room.
- The Large Lecture Room Request List will be sent to the college coordinators from Academic Scheduling.
- The class must be scheduled in PeopleSoft without the room. If the class is not scheduled in PeopleSoft, the request can not be processed.
- After the class is scheduled, the scheduler will need to work with the college coordinator to accurately place the class information on the Large Lecture Room Request List.
- Academic Scheduling will review all requests and assign rooms by enrollment caps as well as individual class section needs.
- Academic Scheduling will attach the room to the class and work with the college coordinator if conflicts arise.
After the rooms have been assigned by Academic Scheduling during Round 2, any interest in using large lecture rooms follows regular processing.