The CSU has developed a series of videos, entitled “ From Where I Sit,” featuring eight students with disabilities who share their experiences in the college classroom. We encourage you to view these videos and see what faculty say about them.
Some of the issues raised are the need for:
- Alternative methods to demonstrate mastery of a subject.
- Captioned videos.
- Creating an inclusive environment.
- Early availability of text books so students can order alternative formats.
- Lecturers to face students and speak in a strong and clear voice.
- Removal of any physical barriers in the classroom.