To the student, accessibility at SJSU means:
- Helping to create an inclusive environment in the classroom
that enables all students to be successful in attaining an
education, regardless of disability.
- Assisting a person with a disability in the event of an
- Assisting a person with a disability in your classroom by
volunteering as a note taker or by helping during an emergency
- Creating accessible class presentations and projects (e.g.:
- Understanding that everyone communicates and performs tasks
at a different pace and in different ways.
- Discouraging stereotypical behavior.
If you are a student with a disability, this also means:
- Communicating and building a relationship and rapport with
your professors so that they understand the ways you learn and
express your knowledge.
- Getting more accessible instructional materials (syllabus,
hand-outs, captioning, etc.)
- Gaining better access to electronic and information
- Becoming familiar with the resources provided by the
Resource Center (DRC) by scheduling an intake appointment to
determine eligibility and services.