University Police Department
Back to School Safety Reminders
The University Police Department would like to provide you with some helpful reminders as we begin the Fall 2013 semester.
- Take a moment to program your cell phone with the University Police Department direct dial number: (408) 924-2222.
- Review your MySJSU account to ensure that the phone number you have listed can receive an AlertSJSU SMS text message.
- You may send an anonymous text or voicemail message regarding suspicious activity to the University Police Department any time of day or night. Text (408) 337-2919, or email SJSU@tipnow.org.
- The UPD Evening Guide Service is available to all students and employees 24 hours a day. A Police Service Assistant or University Police Officer will escort you up to two blocks off campus. Use a Blue Light phone, an elevator phone, or call (408) 924-2000 to request an escort.
- The Evening Shuttle is a safe alternative to walking alone at night, beyond the zone covered by the Evening Guide Service. The shuttle runs Monday-Friday, from 7:00pm to 1:00am, and you can reach the service from a blue light phone, elevator phone, or by calling dispatch at (408) 924-2000.
Remember: See Something/Say Something!