Cash Handling Procedures and Tips
It is important for all university departments to follow proper cash handling procedures as outlined by University guidelines to ensure the correct handling of university funds. In addition, the auditing of these procedures on a regular basis is an important function. It is the Bursar’s Office responsibility to perform regular audits of the university’s satellite operations and to be a resource to university departments to assist them in developing their cash handling procedures. Some highlights are listed below.
- Internal controls
- Separation of cash handling duties
- Safeguarding of cash
- How to prepare and make a deposit
- Timely deposit of cash
For more detailed cash handling information, please see the Cashiering Satellite Operations website.
Fell Travel, Inc.
Contracts and Purchasing Services is pleased to announce Fell Travel, Inc. as our strategic partner for university related travel reservations. Fell Travel is replacing our long-time (and much appreciated!) travel agent, Pat Moore at Travel Consultants, as he retires from the travel business. Fell Travel is based out of San Francisco and has been providing great travel services since 1946.
The benefits provided:
- Experience with State agencies and locating the best prices for all of our business travel needs.
- Online SJSU Reservation Form requests through a dedicated portal.
- Only $20 for reservations requested via SJSU Reservation Form, phone or email. Fee for international travel is $25.
- Authorized to obtain State contract rate for vehicle rentals from Enterprise Car Rental.
- Experienced agents available to work on your complex domestic or international travel arrangements.
How to contact:
- Call 1-800-321-FELL (800-321-3355) or 1-650-827-7300. After hours emergency: 1-800-213-6604
- Submit the SJSU Reservation Form online: (https://www.felltravel.com/forms/sjs/).
Fell Travel looks forward to accommodating the travel needs of San Jose State University!