New! Campus Marketplace and Staples Advantage
Contracts and Purchasing Services is pleased to announce two exciting improvements to purchasing products for your department.
SJSU recently joined other CSU campuses in using Campus Marketplace. Campus Marketplace is an online shopping system “one-stop shop” to access preferred suppliers and CSU contract pricing. Benefits to using Campus Marketplace:
- A common location to order from suppliers such as Staples Advantage, Fisher Scientific, McKesson, Carolina, and many more!
- Products sold at discounted pricing that is available to the CSU. The pricing often represents savings of 17-29% for many of the suppliers you currently use.
And speaking of Staples…
Beginning October 1, 2015, Staples Advantage will become the new campus supplier for office supplies, replacing OfficeMax. Under this contract, departments can expect from Staples:
- Easy to navigate ordering site.
- Substantial savings of 12,575 core items plus an additional 8.9% savings over our existing contract.
SJSU will be transitioning the campus to using Campus Marketplace. Key points to note are:
- All ProCard Holders will be granted access to Campus Marketplace so there is no need to submit a request for access. Cardholders will be notified when their access is ready.
- For non-ProCard Holders with access to OfficeMax and new users, please request a new account by completing the online Campus Marketplace Access Request form.
- Campus Marketplace orders are to be paid for with the university ProCard; however, do refer to Procurement Pathways if product exceeds ProCard limits or is not allowed on the ProCard.
- Desktop delivery service from Staples will be made via a contracted carrier “OnTrac”. All vehicles and personnel will be appropriately identified.
- The last day to order supplies online from OfficeMax is Oct. 5th.
More information about Campus Marketplace and Staples Advantage will be released in the weeks ahead. Overview sessions will be scheduled in October.