October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month
National Cyber Security Awareness Month is an opportunity to engage SJSU’s students, faculty, staff and friends in helping us maintain a safe, secure and resilient computing environment.
In today’s world, everyone is responsible for Cybersecurity. New threats are appearing every day and our daily lives are growing more interconnected. Cybersecurity is now important no matter where you are or what device you are using. IT Services wants to remind you about several things you can do to help stay safe and secure.
- Set strong passwords and don’t share them with anyone.
- Keep your operating system, browser, and other critical software optimized by installing updates.
- Maintain an open dialogue with your family, friends, and community about Internet safety.
- Limit the amount of personal information you post online and use privacy settings to avoid sharing information widely.
- Be cautious about what you receive or read online—if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
For how to do these things and additional tips and resources, visit the Security Page.
SJSU, GameStop and IBM to host Hackathon on Campus!
IT Services, in collaboration with SJSU Faculty, GameStop and IBM, is hosting a Hackathon on November 13th to 15th in SPX 178.
The Programming Hackathon is open to all students at SJSU. The goal is for students to have FUN while collaborating to find creative solutions to technology problems. In addition, students will be exposed to GameStop and IBM innovative technology and will gain practical knowledge on how to use these in the IT industry.
GameStop will use the IBM Bluemix platform to allow students to build solutions with code. At the Hackathon, students will have 24-48 hours to work together and use the technology to develop solutions to real-life problems. GameStop and IBM technologists will be onsite to work with students.
This event is FREE! Food and refreshments throughout the Hackathon will be provided.
Registration will open soon! Watch out for more updates on the IT Services Events website.