What is FinanceConnect?
Created to provide multiple lines of communication, FinanceConnect is a hotline to call, an email to message, and an email/web blog, to assist and inform our campus customers regarding Finance systems, processes, training and guidelines. We encourage you to contact FinanceConnect to:
- find out the appropriate method(s) for purchasing specific goods and services.
- help determine appropriate funding sources for a variety of expenses.
- check on the status of submitted Requisitions, Direct Payment or Employee Reimbursement requests.
- get clarification of SJSU/CSU policies such the Hospitality Guidelines, Travel Policy, and the ProCard/GoCard Program.
- see what training sessions are offered and available.
Refreshing Your Finance Skills
Speaking of training, now is a good time to refresh your skills and knowledge of everything Finance! Sign up for Finance training sessions, or attend one of our Open Labs. Bring your questions about using any of our systems, FTS, CFS, or the CFS Data Warehouse. For example, find out what the best practice is when completing a Travel Authorization or Reimbursement in FTS. Or, how to create a Requisition that clearly presents what you need to purchase. If you have questions, we'll provide the answers!
Visit FinanceConnect for more information about courses, Open Lab schedule, process tutorials, and to subscribe to our FinanceConnect blog.
We look forward to assisting you!
Everyone who uses our Financial Transaction Services (FTS) system is familiar with the ability to upload and view support documents for Requisitions, Direct Payment and Employee/Student Reimbursement requests. However, you may not be familiar with the imaging system we currently use to store and retrieve those documents. As this system has gone way beyond its expected lifespan, we have been working to get its replacement system up and running.
Introducing, OnBase, our new imaging system to store and retrieve electronic documents with more detailed labeling and cross-referencing capabilities. OnBase also provides increased flexibility in managing workflows for Accounts Payable and Purchasing processes.
Integrating OnBase with FTS means you’ll see:
- A defined ‘File Upload’ section, including a drop-down list of document types to identify the attachments you intend to upload to Requisitions, Direct Payment and Employee/Student Reimbursement requests.
- Specifications for file upload size and type, along with browser compatibility information.
- A defined ‘Support Documents’ section, containing a single link to view both the Requisition and the related e-Invoice (PO invoice) documents.
Using OnBase to manage our workflows means you can:
- Reply directly to AP e-Invoice email notifications for action - no more copying text over to a new email in order to respond with your invoice approvals to pay, or receipt information!
- Email notifications for both e-Invoice and created purchase orders will include a copy of the specified document rather than a hyperlink to click on in order to obtain a copy for your records.
As we carry-on with our implementation of OnBase and its many possibilities, you will continue to see and experience the advantages this new system can provide. Please watch for an August email from FinanceConnect for go-live information.