Chief Financial Officer
Josee Larochelle, Interim Vice President, serves as the University's Chief Financial Officer. The Vice President directs the financial and administrative affairs of the University. Division service groups are: Facilities Development and Operations, Finance, Human Resources, University Police Department, and Spartan Shops, Inc.
A new City of San Jose sanitary sewer line will be installed down 7th Street between San Salvador and Paseo de San Carlos, and down San Salvador between 7th Street and 8th Street. This is being done in preparation for the new Student Recreation Aquatic Center project. Roadway closures will have a heavy impact on traffic and drop-off/pickup activity in the area. Please see below for information that will affect your daily travel and parking routine at this part of the campus. Map for Alternate South Garage Entrance & Drop-off Areas
- New Working Dates: Wednesday, April 6th through Friday, May 27th, barring any unforeseen conditions we may encounter when we begin excavation.
- Work days and hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00-4:30 PM.
- The drop off area, at Paseo de San Carlos at 7th St., will be closed during this period.
- No vehicular parking on 7th St. during this installation period.
- One traffic lane will remain open for ingress into South Parking Facility (Seventh Street Garage).
- The exit coming from the garage onto 7th street will be closed. Once closed, all garage exiting will take place on the west side of the garage onto San Salvador. Garage Detour Map (PDF)
- One traffic lane will remain open on San Salvador during work hours and a traffic control staff member will be managing traffic.
The Mission of SJSU
In collaboration with nearby industries and communities, SJSU faculty and staff are dedicated to achieving the University's mission as a responsive institution to the State of California: To enrich the lives of its students, to transmit knowledge to its students along with the necessary skills for applying it in the service of our society, and to expand the base of knowledge through research and scholarship.
Administration and Finance Division
To support the mission of San José State University, the Administration and Finance Division seeks to be responsive and continuously refine the services we offer. We strive to be innovative in our work, improving and offering new services to support the University and its mission.
Our Goal Statement
Our goal is to support the SJSU mission by providing outstanding service to students, faculty and staff so that they may better achieve their goals.
In our efforts, we:
- Consider the best interests of the University
- Know our business and care to do good work
- Commit to the idea of continuous improvement
- Promote participation and personal accountability
- Collaborate, trust, listen and help
- Value creative problem solving and mutual respect