Chief Financial Officer
Charlie Faas, Vice President, serves as the University's Chief Financial Officer. The Vice President directs the financial and administrative affairs of the University. Division service groups are: Facilities Development and Operations, Finance, Human Resources, University Police Department, and Spartan Shops, Inc.
7th Street Construction Update:
The new City of San Jose sanitary sewer line project is now complete. San Salvador Street will be sealed on Monday, August 8. It should not impact traffic and will be completed by mid week. This is being done in preparation for the new Student Recreation Aquatic Center project. Please see below for information that will affect your daily travel and parking routine at this part of the campus. Map for Alternate South Garage Entrance & Drop-off Areas
- Working Dates: Week of August 8.
- Work days and hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00-4:30 PM.
- No vehicular parking on 7th Street
- One traffic lane will remain open for ingress into South Parking Facility (Seventh Street Garage).
- The exit coming from the garage onto 7th street will re-open before classes begin August 24. Until then all garage exiting will take place on the west side of the garage onto San Salvador. Garage Detour Map (PDF)
The Mission of SJSU
In collaboration with nearby industries and communities, SJSU faculty and staff are dedicated to achieving the University's mission as a responsive institution to the State of California: To enrich the lives of its students, to transmit knowledge to its students along with the necessary skills for applying it in the service of our society, and to expand the base of knowledge through research and scholarship.
Administration and Finance Division
To support the mission of San José State University, the Administration and Finance Division seeks to be responsive and continuously refine the services we offer. We strive to be innovative in our work, improving and offering new services to support the University and its mission.
Our Goal Statement
Our goal is to support the SJSU mission by providing outstanding service to students, faculty and staff so that they may better achieve their goals.
In our efforts, we:
- Consider the best interests of the University
- Know our business and care to do good work
- Commit to the idea of continuous improvement
- Promote participation and personal accountability
- Collaborate, trust, listen and help
- Value creative problem solving and mutual respect