- For Students
- For Advisors
- For Parents/Families
- Advisor Contact Info
- GE Planning Worksheet
- Schedule Creation
- Major Roadmaps
- Advising FAQs
- About Us
- Site Index
- Website Disclaimer
Follow us for the most up to date advising information!
The Advising Hub is meant to serve as a resource for all undergraduate and graduate students to aid in student success. As the name suggests, it's at the center of many advising and academic support services available at SJSU. This site can be used to locate and access the information and people you need to help you progress smoothly to your degree objective.
Thank you for inquiring about the people and offices behind the Advising Hub. The Hub is a product of the SJSU Advising Council. A centralized advising website was first suggested at a Greater Expectations retreat of Faculty and Staff at Asilomar in January 2006. A representative group attending the Greater Expectations Institute in June 2007 was formed with their focus on improving advising at SJSU. This included the creation of a centralized advising website and the formation of an Advising Council as two primary recommendations. The Advising Council was appointed by the President of San Jose State University in 2007 to provide guidance in improving advising at SJSU and is comprised of representatives from both Academic Affairs and Student Affairs.
The Advising Council:
- Maureen Scharberg - Advising Council Chair, Associate VP, Student Academic Success Services
- Dennis Jaehne - Associate VP, Undergraduate Studies (or designee)
- Art King, Associate VP, Student Affairs
- Deanna Fassett - Associate Professor, Communication Studies
- Cindy Kato - Director, Academic Advising & Retention Services
- Cheryl Allmen-Vinnedge, Director, Career Center
- Deanna Peck - Director, Peer Academic Success Services
- Emily Allen, Associate Dean, College of Engineering
- Cynthia Rostankowski - Associate Professor, Humanities Department
- Veronica Hand, Educational Counselor, Counseling Services
- Karl Toepfer - Professor, RTVF
- Karla Larson, Disability Resource Center
- Lael Adediji, Coordinator of Advising Information, AARS
We are committed to providing a well-organized, up-to-date, accurate online advising resource for the campus community. Please let us know your feedback!
Thanks to all who have helped compile the information on this website, including:
- Science 2: Success in Science
- Counseling Services
- Academic Senate Student Success Committee