Advisor and Counselor Contact Information
Once you know which kind of advising or counseling you need, you may wonder how to set up an appointment with those you need to talk to! Below is a list contact information for the various advising and counseling offices on campus. You can learn more about each type of advising and counseling by clicking on the titles.
- Academic Advising (General Education) at Academic Advising & Retention Services - Call 408-924-2129 for an appointment.
- Accessible Education Center - Call 408-924-6000 for more information.
- Career Center - Call 408-924-6031 for more information.
- Counseling Services (Educational, Personal & Psychiatric) - Call 408-924-5910 for more information.
- EOP Advising - Call 408-924-2129 for hours or an appointment.
- Pre-admissions Counseling - Call 408-924-2564 for more information.
- Student-Athlete Success Services- Call 408-924-1252 for an appointment.
- Wellness and Health Counseling - Call 408-924-6122 for an appointment.
- Major/Minor Advising - Call your major/minor department for information on how to set up an appointment with a major advisor.
Major and Department Advising Websites
Some colleges and departments have websites for their advising, which are listed below. If you do not see your major department listed, please call your major/minor department office to find out how to make an appointment with an advisor.
- Academic Counseling Center for Excellence in the Social Sciences (ACCESS)
- Anthropology Advising
- Art & Art History
- Aviation & Technology Advisors
- Biological Science Advisors
- Business Student Advising Center (BSAC)
- CASA Student Success Center (CSSC)
- Child & Adolescent Development Advising
- Communication Studies Advisors
- Communicative Disorders & Sciences
- Computer Science Advising
- Economics Advising
- Engineering Student Success Center (ESSC)
- English & Comparative Literature Advisors
- Environmental Studies Advisors
- Foreign Language Advisors
- Health Science and Recreation Advising - Health Science
- Health Science and Recreation Advising - Recreation
- Hospitality Management Advising
- Humanities Advising
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Justice Studies Advising
- Kinesiology Advising
- Liberal Studies Advising
- Linguistics Advising
- Mathematics Advising
- Meteorology Advising
- Nursing Advising
- Nutrition, Food Science, and Packaging Advising
- Occupational Therapy
- Philosophy Advising
- Physics and Astronomy Advisors
- Political Science Advisors
- Pre-Law Advising
- Pre-Professional (Health) Advisors
- Psychology Advising
- Science Advising Center, College of (COSAC)
- School of Library & Information Science
- Sociology Advisors
- Social Science Advising
- TV, Radio, Film, Theatre Advising
- Visual Arts Advising center
- VITAL (Advising for Veterans)
Department Contact Phone Numbers
|Accounting and Finance (includes Taxation and Transportation)||408.924.3460||History (includes Ancient & Medieval, Asian, European, Jewish, Latin American, Military, US, and General History; and Area Studies)||408.924.5500|
|Aerospace Studies (Air Force ROTC)||408.924.2960||Hospitality Management (includes Therapeutic Recreation, Hotel & Restaurant Mgmt, and Internat'l Tourism)||408.924.3000|
|African American Studies||408.924.5871||Industrial and Systems Engineering (includes Eng. Mgmt., Statistical Quality Eng., and Human Factors/ Ergonomics)||408.924.3301|
|Anthropology||408.924.5710||Journalism and Mass Communications (includes Advertising, News Media Design and Public Relations)||408.924.3240|
|Art & Art History (includes Art History and Visual Culture; Studio Practice; Studio Practice, Preparation for Teaching; Digital Media Art; Photography; Pictorial Art; and Spatial Art)||408.924.4320||Justice Studies (includes Justice Studies, Forensic Science, Human Rights, Pre-Law, and Legal Studies)||408.924.2940|
|Aviation and Technology (includes Industrial Tech., Quality Assurance)||408.924.3190||Kinesiology||408.924.3010|
|Behavioral Sciences||408.924.5340||Liberal Studies||408.924.4459|
|Biological Sciences (includes Natural Science, Conservation and Organismal Bio, Marine Bio, Microbiology, Molecular Bio, and Systems Physiology, )||408.924.4900||Library and Information Science||408.924.2490|
|Chemical and Materials Engineering||408.924.4000||Linguistics and Language Development||408.924.4413|
|Chemistry (includes Biochem and Materials Science)||408.924.5000||Management Information Systems||408.924.7790|
|Child and Adolescent Development (includes Atypical Child Studies)||408.924.3718||Marketing and Decision Sciences||408.924.3506|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||408.924.3900||Mathematics (includes Applied and Computational Mathematics)||408.924.5100|
|Communication Studies (includes Comm. in the Info. Age and Speech Comm.)||408.924.5360||Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering||408.924.3850|
|Communicative Disorders and Sciences||408.924.3688||Meteorology (includes Atmospheric and Seismic Hazards)||408.924.5200|
|Computer Engineering (includes Software Engineering)||408.924.4150||Mexican American Studies||408.924.5760|
|Computer Science||408.924.5060||Military Science (Army ROTC)||408.554.4034|
|Counselor Education||408.924.3634||Moss Landing Marine Labs (includes Marine Science)||831.771.4400|
|Music and Dance (includes Jazz Studies, Composition, Music Education, and Performance)||408.924.4673||Nursing||408.924.3131|
|Design (includes Animation/Illustration; Design Studies; Graphic Design; Industrial Design; and Interior Design)||408.924.4340||Nutrition, Food Science, and Packaging (includes Dietetics)||408.924.3100|
|Educational Leadership||408.924.3616||Organization and Management||408.924.3550|
|Elementary Education||408.924.3771||Physics and Astronomy||408.924.5210|
|English and Comparative Literature (includes Career Writing, Comparative Lit, Creative Writing, and Prof. & Tech Writing)||408.924.4425||Political Science (includes Public Administration and Public Policy)||408.924.5550|
|Environmental Studies (includes Energy and Park Ranger & Administration)||408.924.5450||Psychology||408.924.5600|
|Foreign Languages (includes Chinese, French, German, Italian, Internat'l Business, Japanese, and Spanish)||408.924.4602||Secondary Education||408.924.3755|
|General Engineering (includes Bioengineering)||408.924.3800||Social Sciences (includes Asian American Studies)||408.924.5740|
|Geography (includes Geographic Information Science)||408.924.5475||Social Work||408.924.5800|
|Geology (includes Earth Science)||408.924.5050||Sociology (including Criminology, Family, and Community Change)||408.924.5320|
|Global Studies||408.924.7197||Special Education||408.924.3700|
|Health Professions (includes Complementary and Alternative Health Practices)||408.924.2900||Television, Radio, Film and Theatre (includes Musical Theatre)||408.924.4530|
|Health Science (includes Gerontology, Health Professions, Health Services Admin, and Public Health)||408.924.2970||Urban and Regional Planning||408.924.5882|
Questions or comments? Send us feedback