Information for Campus Advisors
- Academic Senate Info
- Advising Offices
- Campus Resources
- Degree Audit
- Degree Audit Discrepency Report
- DQ & Probation Flowchart
- Enrollment Management
- Forms & Petitions
- GE Courses Offered
- GE Information
- GPA Calculator
- Graduate Admissions
- Graduation Requirements
- How to Place/Lift a Hold
- Hub Statistics
- Parents & Advising
- Project Graduation Key Data
- MySJSU Messages
- Newsletter Archive
Looking for something we don't have here? Send us feedback
Information for Campus Advisors
Why should students have all the fun? This webpage is dedicated to supporting Faculty and Staff Advisors on campus by providing helpful information to aid in the advising process. Please find a list of useful links for advisors to the left.
News For Advisors!
- Dr. Vincent Tinto, Distinguished University Professor at Syracuse University presented a lecture on retention in 2012. Dr. Tinto is a nationally recognized scholar who has devoted much of his professional life to studying college student retention, academic achievement and student success. He has worked with university faculty and administrators to craft educational policies and practices that provide opportunities for students to build powerful repertoires of life-long learning skills and strategies. See readings chosen by him.
- A Probation and DQ flowchart is available to assist in understanding probation and DQ policy.
- Check out Project Graduation key data results in a year over year comparison.
- Check out the 2009 Advising Surveys Results.
- Learn how to navigate to important advising related pages in Peoplesoft including the Degree Audit, Unofficial Transcript and more!
- Wondering who is your college's AARS liaison advisor? Visit the AARS Staff Contact page.
- The November 20th, 2010 Community College advising meeting PowerPoint presentation is now on the Hub.
- View important updates and e-mails sent about SJSU Enrollment Planning and Management.
- Download the EO1037 Policy Changes (course repeats, grade symbols and withdrawals) - Highlights for Advisors [PDF] distributed during the Advising Brown Bag meeting on May 12, 2009.
- The Spring 2013 Advisor Update Session presentation information can be found here. View presentation slides about Fall 2013 Enrollment and the Fall 2013 Implementation Guidelines of Presidential Directive 2009-05. You can also review the Guidellines for Probation and DQ in the Major (also available on the Undergraduate Studies website at http://www.sjsu.edu/ugs/UGS_Resources/ADRRC/index.html
Academic Senate & CSU Executive Order Information
- The Academic Senate's Policy webpage is a great place to find specific information about new and old policies enforced at SJSU.
- Campus-wide and campus specific executive orders from the Chancellor's office can be found at the Cal State Executive Order webpage.
Forms and Petitions Students Require
Academic Forms - Forms maintained by the Office of the Registrar, including but not limited to:
- General Education & Graduation Requirements
- University Requirements & Credits
- Retroactive Petitions
Graduate Forms - Forms from Graduate Admissions and Evaluations, including:
- Change of Graduate Department
- Transfer Credit
- Seven Year Limit
Open University Forms - Forms for students taking courses through Open University, including:
- Refund Request
- Financial Petition
- Late Add/Drop
- Retroactive Forms
How to Find GE Courses Offered Each Semester
Core GE, SJSU Studies, American Institutions, MUSE courses, and other information about General Education Requirements and courses can be found online in the schedule of classes each semester. You can find static links to this webpage for each semester at the links below:
Please double check the year for each semester, as they are each updated yearly when the new schedule of classes comes out (therefore the link to Summer may link to the GE information for LAST summer, not this coming summer if the new schedule of classes has not yet come out).
How to Place and/or Lift a Hold on Student's Account
In order to be able to place and lift holds on a student's account, faculty and staff must attend a training put on by the CMS Training Team. Quick steps on how to place/remove holds may be found at the CMS Records Help webpage.
How to Run a My Progress report
In order to run a My Progress report (a portion of Peoplesoft that allows faculty and staff to see which requirements a students has met, and those he/she has not yet met) faculty and staff must attend an Academic Advising training put on by the CMS Training Team. Instructions on running the report may be found by opening the Academic Advising Training Manual PDF, and scrolling down the document to page 9.
If you find an error with a student's Degree Audit, please file a discrepancy report so that the appropriate staff can look into the issue.
Online General Education Information
Schedule of Classes GE Information
Fall GE Info - Includes:
- Intro to GE
- Overview of Requirements
- List of Majors with Exceptions
- Listing of GE courses for the current semester (Core, Am. Inst., & SJSU Studies)
- MUSE Courses
- Previous GE Requirements
Catalog GE Information - Includes:
- Distribution of Requirements
- Explanation of Requirements
- Explanation of GE Program
SJSU Calendars & Schedules
- Academic Calendars
- Application Dates and Deadlines
- Athletics Schedule
- Center for Faculty Development Event Calendar
- Final Exam Schedule - Fall Finals - Spring Finals
- Registrar's Calendars
- SJSU Event Center Schedule
- SJSU General Campus Event Calendar
- SJSU Student Event Calendar
- Student Fee Due Dates
Questions or comments? Send us feedback!