Follow us for the most up to date advising information!
San Jose State is committed to creating a safe and secure environment for the campus community. There are many online resources about campus security and safety. Find a short listing below:
- Alert SJSU - Students can sign up for Alert-SJSU! This communication system is designed to notify SJSU students as soon as possible in case of campus emergencies. For more information on how to sign up, students can go to the Alert-SJSU FAQs and Setup webpage. Please remind your son/daughter to sign up.
- University Police Department (UPD) - The SJSU UPD is committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment through professional, progressive and superior police, emergency, transportation and educational services in alliance with the campus community.
- UPD Annual Safety Report - The Annual Safety Report is designed to provide the campus community with statistical data regarding offenses which have occurred on campus.
- UPD Tip Hotline - If you have witnessed criminal activity or have information that you believe will assist UPD in solving a crime or crimes that have occurred on campus, you can relay that information to UPD by calling 408-924-2236 (4-2236 on any campus telephone).
- UPD Community Safety Alerts - A listing of recent crimes on or around the SJSU campus.