Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
Follow us for the most up to date advising information!
This webpage is meant to help you understand what you need to do in order to earn a Bachelor's degree at SJSU!
Please click on a link below to learn more about each undergraduate graduation requirement:
- Catalog Rights
- Catalog Graduation Requirements
- Additional Undergraduate Requirements
- Modification, Waiver or Substitutions of Requirements
- Limitations of Undergraduate Credit
In general, students may follow the Undergraduate Degree Requirements listed in the SJSU catalog from the academic year they began their most recent term of continuous attendance at any institution or at SJSU or from their year of graduation. - As per the California Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 40401.
As the image below suggests, you must complete the following requirements in order to earn a Bachelor's degree at SJSU:
- General Education requirements (Core GE & SJSU Studies),
- Major coursework (varies by major)
- Minor coursework (if applicable)
- Two different Kinesiology (PE) activity courses (ie. volleyball, aerobics, etc.)
- American Institutions requirements (F1,2,3)
- Elective units up to the minimum requirements for the degree (varies by major)
- Additional Requirements
The undergraduate graduation requirements listed on this page must be satisfied either by completing coursework or by passing waiver examinations, where available. See Modification, Waiver or Substitutions of Requirements below for more information. Restrictions on where undergraduate credit may be earned and counted for a bachelor degree can be found below at Limitations of Undergraduate Credit.
For more information about requirements and/or other information on this page, please refer to the SJSU Catalog Undergrad Degree Requirements webpage. See an advisor for help in planning your path to graduation!