Limitations of Undergraduate Credit

Quick Links

Follow us for the most up to date advising information!

Advising Hub's Twitter feedAdvising Hub's Facebook feedUseful links

  • Open University Credit - A maximum of 24 Open University semester units may be applied toward a bachelor degree. As stated previously, units earned in Open University may not be used to meet residence unit requirements for a degree.
  • Transfer Credit from Community Colleges - A maximum of 70 semester units earned in a community college may be applied toward a bachelor degree, with the following limitations:
  1. No upper division credit may be allowed for courses taken in a community college.
  2. No credit may be allowed for professional courses in education taken in a community college, other than an introduction to education course.


NOTE: 30 degree units must be completed at SJSU. Units from other accredited 4 year institutions may be added to the totals listed above.

Go Back