Nikos J. Mourtos
San Jose State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, California 95192-0179
Professor and Chair
Ph.D. Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering (1987), Stanford University.
ENGINEER Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering (1983), Stanford University.
M.S. Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering (1982), Stanford University.
B.S. Mechanical Engineering (1980), University of Patras, Greece.
- Athens Institute for Education & Research (ATINER): Head, Mechanical Engineering Research Unit
Management Committee, Asia Pacific Alliance for Quality Assurance in Higher Education
- Technical: Aircraft design
- Exploring connections between arts and creativity in engineering design
- Defining, teaching, and assessing 21st century skills (e.g. engineering design skills, complex problem solving skills, lifelong learning skills)
- Aerospace Engineering: Introduction to Aerospace Engineering, Aerodynamics, Gas Dynamics, Propulsion, Aircraft Design.
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanics, Dynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer.
- General Engineering: Introduction to Engineering, Problem-Based, Integrated, Calculus, Physics, and Engineering.
- General Education: From Insects to Jumbo-Jets: the Science of Flight.
- Education: Leadership, Complexity, and Systems Thinking
- Office & Advising Hours TR 11:00 am - 12:00 noon
& 3 pm - 5 pm & by appointment.