Important Physical Access Notices
Student Union Expansion & Renovation
The Student Union Expansion & Renovation project began on Monday, July 19, 2010. The new Student Union planned for completion in May 2013, has been extended, and is pending due to unforeseen construction adjustments. Facilities Development & Operations (FD&O) continues to ensure that all sidewalks around the facility are never blocked. Construction trucks continue to enter campus from San Salvador and exit onto San Fernando. AEC will keep you posted of travelling routes and accessible parking throughout construction. Please exercise caution when traveling through this area. For more information, please refer to FD&O: Planning, Design & Construction Projects, Student Union Expansion and Campus Life
Paseo de San Carlos/7th Street Work: Installation of a new sanitary sewer line down San Salvador Street and 7th Street (03/14/16 - 5/04/16 at 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
- A new City of San Jose sanitary sewer line will be installed down 7th Street, from San Salvador to Paseo de San Carlos, as well as San Salvador Street from 7th to 8th Street.
- During this time, work areas will be fenced off and the drop point at the Paseo de San Carlos/7th will be closed to vehicular traffic.
- All street parking on 7th will be discontinued during this time.
- One lane of traffic will remain open for ingress to the South Parking Facility during the course of work.
- San Salvador Street will have one lane open which will be traffic controlled by a flagger during work hours.
- A portion of the pedestrian walk on the south side of Paseo de San Carlos will be closed for construction equipment path of travel, the north side of Paseo will remain open the duration of the project, so a continuous pedestrian path will be maintained.