African American/Black Organizations
Recognized Student Organizations
• African American Society of Mentors
• African American Commencement Committee
• Black Alliance of Scientists and Engineers
• Black Campus Ministries
• Black Scholars SocietytBlack Student Union
• Black Unity Group
• Collegiate 100 Black Men of Silicon Valley at SJSU
• Eritrean Student Association at San Jose State University
• Ethiopian Student Association
National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated (NPHC)
• Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
• Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.,
• Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.,
• Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.,
• Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.,
• Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.,
• Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
• Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
• Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
• Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
African American Faculty Staff Association (AAFSA)
The mission of AAFSA is to form coalitions throughout campus and the San José community to identify issues and concerns to the San José State University African-American/Black community and to unify efforts to address those issues. The goals and objectives of AAFSA is to promote African-American faculty, staff and student success; expand knowledge of African-American contributions;promote support for Africentric principles and theories in higher education; develop a progressive and proactive agenda to meet the needs of its members; and provide resources and opportunity for frequent interactions among African-American/Black individuals at San José State University.