New Grad Members
You are part of a thriving network of over 226,000 Spartans living around the world working in virtually every field! By staying connected to your alma mater, you will have access to valuable resources and discounts, increase your network, and add value to your degree. We encourage you to take advantage of all the Alumni Association has to offer you, as we strive to help make your transition smooth and successful.
Need your membership card?
Your membership card and additional information will arrive in the mail after commencement. If you would like to start enjoying your member benefits now, please visit the Alumni Association at Clark Hall (Suite 300) with your Tower ID and receipt to receive your membership packet.
- Free access to the SJSU Career Center ($25 value), including SpartaJobs, career fairs, employer events, on-line resources and more!
- Free access to Career Beam, a full service career development portal designed to provide all the resources necessary to guide you through the strategic job search process and achieve your career goals. You'll have unlimited access to detailed company and industry information, personalized professional development tools, and strategic step-by-step career guidance. Email email@example.com to request your username.
- 10% discount on Kaplan Test Prep classes and free practice tests.
- Have fun at a variety of social activities throughout the year including sporting events, cooking classes, hiking series, Homecoming, and more! Bookmark our events calendar and follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get event reminders.
- Participate in a variety of presentations throughout the year offered to help build career skills and professional development.
- Join our official LinkedIn group to build your network of professional and social contacts, search job postings, and make connections with other SJSU graduates in your field and beyond!
- Download our free mobile app - SJSU Alumni Crib Sheet - to stay up-to-date with all things SJSU. Personalize the news you receive and get Life 101 tips on everything from Etiquette to Housing.
New graduates get guaranteed coverage! If you’re a recent graduate, don’t risk going without health coverage. Even a brief lapse in coverage could have disastrous results if you get sick or injured. Through the SJSU Alumni Association, new graduates under age 40 are eligible to apply for guaranteed acceptance coverage with Blue Shield of California (must apply within 135 days of graduation). Several coverage options are available to meet your specific needs—and budget. Call 877-249-7868 or visit the plan's website to learn more today!
- As part of your alumni benefits, get special rates and discounts on home and auto insurance from Liberty Mutual. Start saving today!
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to engage with fellow Spartans, keep up with SJSU news, get the latest event details, and share your news!
- Spartan Bookstore (10% off all SJSU branded merchandise purchases online and in store)
- SJSU's Sport Club Fitness Center and Aquatic Center
- Local businesses (restaurants, hotels, etc.)
- Rental car agencies
- Checkout privileges at SJSU and other CSU libraries
- Further details....
And....you get even more! As a member, you'll receive the official SJSU Washington Square magazine.