Associated Students offers the following scholarships to San Jose State University students to help offset the costs of attending college. Apply through the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office starting in spring 2019 for the 2020-2021 academic year awards
Eligibility Requirements (for all awards):
- All applicants must be matriculated students who have completed a minimum of 15 semester units at SJSU and are in good standing
- Outgoing and past elected Associated Students officials are eligible to apply and receive an award.
- Incoming elected officials are not eligible to receive the award
- Awards based on financial need must be verified by the Financial Aid Office and require supporting documentation as determined from the FAFSA application.
- Recipients are restricted to one A.S. Scholarship while attending SJSU.
- Must meet eligibility based on S05-04 University Qualifications.
- Award may not exceed a student's "cost of attendance" at San Jose State University and may affect their financial award package.
- GPA requirement shall be determined by a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or 3.0 as indicated.
2019-2020 A.S. Scholarship Recipients
Students awarded an Associated Students' scholarship demonstrate exemplary leadership and involvement in campus and community life including: student organizations, sports, campus committees, volunteerism, community and civic activism. They also meet the following requirements for each scholarship type. A total of $82,000 was awarded to our deserving and admirable Spartans!
A.S. Legacy Award ($2,000)
Mohammed H. Motahedian Tabrizi
St Saffold Leadership Scholarship ($1,000)
A.S. Advocacy Award ($1,000)
A.S. First-Generation Student Scholarship ($500)
A.S. Global Scholar Award ($500)