Associated Students offers the following scholarships to San Jose State University students to help offset the costs of attending college. Apply through the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office starting in spring 2019 for the 2019-2020 academic year awards
Eligibility Requirements (for all awards):
- All applicants must be matriculated students who have completed a minimum of 15 semester units at SJSU and are in good standing
- Outgoing and past elected Associated Students officials are eligible to apply and receive an award.
- Incoming elected officials are not eligible to receive the award
- Awards based on financial need must be verified by the Financial Aid Office and require supporting documentation as determined from the FAFSA application.
- Recipients are restricted to one A.S. Scholarship while attending SJSU.
- Must meet eligibility based on S05-04 University Qualifications.
- Award may not exceed a student's "cost of attendance" at San Jose State University and may affect their financial award package.
- GPA requirement shall be determined by a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or 3.0 as indicated.
2018-2019 A.S. Scholarship Recipients
Students awarded an Associated Students' scholarship demonstrate exemplary leadership and involvement in campus and community life including: student organizations, sports, campus committees, volunteerism, community and civic activism. They also meet the following requirements for each scholarship type. A total of $82,000 was awarded to our deserving and admirable Spartans!
A.S. Legacy Award ($2,000)
Ming Qin Ooi
St Saffold Leadership Scholarship ($1,000)
Melissa Maria Martinez
Jason Taylor, Jr.
A.S. Advocacy Award ($1,000)
A.S. First-Generation Student Scholarship ($500)
J. Alexander Gonzales Jr.
Jacqueline Valdivias Trujillo
A.S. Global Scholar Award ($500)
A.S. Environmental Champion Award ($500)
Awarded to students who are champions for environmental sustainability in all aspects of campus and community life, foster awareness and education for peers, and demonstrate a passion for "going green." Students who have experience in developing or assisting sustainability initiatives and want to provide an eco-friendly world for generations to come.
SJSU Salzburg Scholarship ($3500)
Awarded to students who help promote global citizenship. Chosen by a university-wide committee, the awardees attend a week-long session of the Global Citizenship Program hosted by the Salzburg Global Seminar in Schloss Leopoldskron palace in Austria. A.S. provides funding for students to attend the program.