Director: Christian Jochim, Ph.D.
Center for Asian Studies
Clark Hall 419
The Center was founded in 1974 in order to further the development of opportunities to study Asia at San Jose State University. To achieve these ends the Center has had the following goals:
- to coordinate and develop programs and activities under academic departments, student affairs offices, student organizations, etc.
- to provide advice and counsel to students interested in Asia,
- to develop resource collections,
- to assist faculty in identifying research activities and funding sources, and
- to investigate sources for funding development of programs and/or research activities as well as to act as an official agency to which funds can be assigned.