Criterion is an Online Writing Evaluation service offered by ETS. It presents the faculty, writing instructors and administrators at various collegiate institutions of higher education with a reliable writing assessment tool for their students. Students work on their essays and submit them to receive feedback in the form of an aggregate score and an analysis with annotations to aid in the instruction of writing. You can access criterion by visiting the Criterion website or through Canvas.
The access to Criterion for students will be provided by their respective instructors. The form below does not apply to students. Please use the guides below for more information.
- Student’s Guide to Beginning Criterion
- Student Guide for Criterion: Register and Log in
- Student Guide for Criterion: Post-Login
- Getting started with Criterion
- Quick Access Guide
- Video Tutorial: Introduction to Criterion
- Video Tutorial: View feedback generated by Criterion
- Instructor Guide for Criterion: Add Classes and Create Assignments
- Instructor Guide for Criterion: Add Students, View Submissions, and Add Comments
- Instructor Guide for Criterion: View feedback generated by Criterion
Click here for frequently asked questions.
Please complete the form below to get the instructor access code to Criterion. (Note: You must be logged into your @sjsu.edu email for access to the form below.)
Please contact email@example.com for further information.