Video Playback Remote Controls
If you wish, you can request remote control, and control your
program using the telephone keypad in your classroom. You will be
able to rewind, fast-forward, or stop the tape at any time during
the playback. Please inform the technician on duty if your
presentation requires remote control. You can read the instructions
for using remote control online or you can download and save pdf
versions of the instructions for
"VHS Remote Control [pdf]" or
"DVD Remote Control [pdf]". You will
Adobe Acrobat Reader on your
computer to view the instructions. Since remote control of DVD's is
a limited resource, please reserve this service when scheduling
Remote Control with Video Tapes
- Dial Operator "O" to get your assigned channel
- Ask for remote control. Do not hang up the phone or you will lose the remote control
- When the setup message goes away from your channel you can press "1" for play
- To scan forward press "7" while the tape is playing
- To scan backward press "4" while the tape is paying
- Press the "*" button to stop and the "1" button to play once you have scanned to the location on the tape that you wish to play
When you are done playing your tape please press the Star "*" button to stop the tape and hang up the phone
Remote Control with DVD's
- Dial Operator "0" to get your assigned channel.
- Ask for remote control. Do not hang up the Phone or you will lose the remote.
- To bring up the DVD menu press "2"
- To enter a menu selection press "1"
- To scan up menu press"8"
- To scan down menu press "9"
- To scan right in menu press "6"
- To scan left in menu press "5"
- To Play the DVD press "1"
- To scan backward press "4"
- To scan forward press "7"
- To stop press "*"
- To pause the DVD press "3"
(If you press 7 or 4 while in pause you will slow motion forward or backwards in increasing increments according to the number of times the scan is pushed.)
To bring up the DVD Status display press"#". When you are done playing your DVD please hang up the phone