BS Aviation - Maintenance Management
Remember, this option is available only as a 2+2 program. See below for details.
The Maintenance Management option is a 2+2 program for students from local community colleges. A community college student should be able to transfer almost all of their aviation maintenance courses and complete their BS degree requirements at SJSU in Maintenance Management.
Graduates of the BS in Aviation with an option in Maintenance Management will be able to:
- Interpret and analyze financial statements and control concepts
- Develop and use accounting and budgetary data to assist management in decision making and control activities
- Design, function, and operate aircraft systems
- Apply techniques to effectively and efficiently manage of supply chains
- Understand the nature and sources of law and legal problems encountered by managers
- Demonstrate an understanding of airframe structures including wood and sheet metal structures.
- Diagnose, trouble-shoot, and repair powerplant systems and components
- Diagnose, trouble-shoot, and repair airframe systems and components
- Apply engine theory and maintenance techniques to reciprocating and turbine engine systems
- Describe aircraft communication systems including aircraft antennas, voice systems, satellite, UHF, VHF
- Use safety protocols appropriate to working with hazardous chemicals.
- Apply principles of lean management to the aviation maintenance field
- Utilize manual and computer-numerical controlled machine tools
The following courses are required for this option. To read a description of each course, please click on it. Please note that recurring changes to the course catalog may break or disable existing links. As an alternative, search the catalog for your desired course or visit the Advising page for more information.
General Education (27 units)
- Of the 51 units required by the university, 24 may be satisfied by specified major and support requirements. Consult major advisor for details.
Physical Education (2 units)
Preparation for the Major (25 units)
Aviation Core (27 units)
Community College Courses (30 units)
Maintenance Management: In order to complete this option, a student must complete one of the AS-level programs at a local or articulated community college, including but not limited to:
- College of San Mateo: Aircraft Maintenance Technology OR Airframe and Power Plant Technology
- College of Alameda: Aviation Maintenance Technology
- City College of San Francisco: Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- Gavilan College: Aviation Maintenance Technology
Courses Taken at SJSU (17 units)
Additional Courses taken at SJSU