Why Master of Biotechnology at SJSU?
San Jose State University sits at the center of the Silicon Valley, which has the highest concentration of biotechnology companies in the world. The level of entrepreneurships and innovation here is found nowhere else. There are over 1,000 biotechnology companies in the San Francisco Bay Area with over 85,000 jobs.....and growing.
Over 90% of our students gain internships and employment at local biotechnology giants including Genentech, Agilent, Roche, BD, Abbott, Bayer and others. A significant number of students gain employment prior to graduation. Since 2003, the MBT program has graduated over 200 students.
Outstanding faculty, tenured professors and industry leadership provide instruction for all courses offered within the program. An industry advisory board facilitates a current cirriculum and career advisement.
What makes this program unique?
- Gain advanced understanding of topics at the interface of biology and business
- Personalized mentoring from faculty and industry leadership
- A reputation of exceptional hands-on laboratory courses
- Graduate School of Business acceditation from prestigious AACSB International
- Work while attending school with evening courses
- Entry into advanced technical or entry level managment with skill sets for promotion