General Information on the Business Minor (Prior to fall 2005)
Non-Business majors wanting to minor in Business must fulfill the following requirements:
- Take a minimum of 15 units in Business
- At least 9 units MUST be upper-division
- At least 6 units MUST be in residence
- At least 6 units must be related (i.e. in the same concentration)
- Must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above in the minor coursework.
Twelve units of minor coursework must be separate and distinct from the coursework in one's major although courses in support of the major may be included in the minor.
There are specific minor requirements for those majoring in Advertising, Aviation, Industrial Technology, Public Relations, Food Service Management, and Hospitality Management. If you are majoring in one of these areas, please schedule an appointment with a BSAC advisor.
Business Minor (Effective fall 2005)
Three additional business courses, one of which must be upper-division
Business Minor For Engineering Majors
The following courses are required. This minor applies only to Engineering majors and a minor GPA of 2.0 or better is required.
- BUS 181 Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- BUS 184 Business Strategy in Practice in Technology Enterprise
- BUS 194 Business Organization & Management of Technology Enterprise (in lieu of BUS 160)
- BUS 195 Accounting Concepts for Engineers (in lieu of BUS 20N)
- ENGR 100W Engineering Reports
Contact the Business Student Advisement Center (BBC 008) or your major advisor for more information.