You can pay with a check by mail (see below), in person in the Student Services Center at the Bursar's Office Cashiering Services windows, or you may also place your check payment in the night depository which is located to the right of the front entrance of the Student Services Center (under the scrolling electronic sign).
- Make check payable to San José State University or SJSU
- Mail checks to:
San José State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0138
- The student’s SJSU ID number must be on the face of the check.
- All personal checks will be converted to electronic debits.
- Checks will not be returned to the student.
- A charge will appear on bank statements under electronic debits.
- If a check is dishonored by the bank for any reason, enrollment is subject to cancellation. Classes may be dropped immediately without prior notification. A $25 fee is charged for the first returned check and $35 thereafter. An additional Administrative Fee may also be charged. SJSU has no control over whether the bank sends checks through a second time for clearing.
- Postmarks are not accepted. Check must be stamped received in our office by the Payment Due Date; otherwise, classes are subject to enrollment cancellation.