International Wire Transfer
International students can make payment via international wire transfer and international credit card through their MySJSU account. San Jose State University has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. peerTransfer offers excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by San Jose State University.
For step-by-step instructions on how to pay through MySJSU, see How to make an Online Payment (pdf). Once you click on the pay now button in your MySJSU account and chose the international wire transfer option, there is a tutorial that will walk you through the process. While you initiate the payment online with peerTransfer, we suggest that you print the Bank Transfer Instructions and take them to your bank to request funds to be transferred.
- There is no fee charged by either the University or peerTransfer for international wire transfers. The bank you use to send the wire transfer usually charges a fee, so check with that bank for the fee schedule.
- You will be notified when San Jose State University has received your payment.
- Please do not make payments in amounts greater than actual or anticipated charges on your student account, including tuition, non-resident, mandatory campus fees, or university housing (if applicable).
- Designated users may also initiate an international wire transfer. See additional information below.
Designated Authorized Users
- Login and pay via SJSU Student Account Online.
- This site was created for parents, guardians, and others whom the student has identified as an authorized user.
- An authorized user is able to view financial information on the student's account and pay fees.
- If your student has not designated you as an authorized user, you will not be able to login to this site.
- For step-by-step instructions on how your student can designate you as an authorized user, see How to set up a Parent User (pdf).
Third Party Payers
- For organizations that wish to make payment on behalf of a San Jose State University (SJSU) student, please see PAY NOW button below.
- Third party payers will need the student’s name, SJSU ID number and amount that needs to be paid.
- While the payment is initiated online with peerTransfer, the person making the request will need to print the exchange rate information and take it to the bank to actually request funds to be transferred.