CA Dream Loan
Documents in pdf format require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing.
Documents in doc format require the Microsoft Word software application for viewing. SJSU students, faculty and staff can obtain Microsoft software at reduced prices from the Spartan Bookstore.
California Dream Loan
A Californian Dream Loan is for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. The interest rate corresponds with the interest rate on the Federal Direct Subsidized loans and is subject to change for new loans annually. The CA Dream Loan does not accrue interest while you are enrolled at least half-time, during periods of approved deferment, and during the 6-month grace period before you enter repayment. You will be responsible for the interest charged at all other times. For more information on the CA Dream Loan please see California Dream Act (AB540)
California Dream Loan Electronic Signature
Please do not attempt to eSign your promissory note or borrower information sheet until you receive notification from ECSI (Educational Computer Systems, Inc.) advising you to do so.
Notifications from ECSI will begin after July 1, 2018 for the 2018-2019 award year.
- Login to Electronic Promissory Notes https://www.ecsi.net/prom1P/ (make Electronic Promissory Notes the hyperlink).
- Enter your SJSU ID number, your last name, first name and date of birth. Note: Even though the page asks for your SSN and you have an SSN, enter your SJSU student ID number.
- Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
- You must provide complete references of people who do not live at the same address as you. Failure to complete all lines accurately will keep this loan from disbursing to your account.
- Promissory Note: Read completely. Electronically sign at the bottom of the promissory note page. The electronic signature includes a check-off box plus your full legal name.
- We recommend you print copies for your records, but it is not necessary. You will be able to access your records electronically at the ECSI website.
ECSI, our billing servicer, will notify SJSU when you complete this process so your CA Dream Loan can be reviewed for disbursement to your student account. If you have any questions, please contact the Bursar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 408-924-1601.
To Maintain Your Loan
To maintain your loan via the web, contact SJSU’s billing agent, Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI). Use this website to complete your required student loan Exit Interview.
Please contact your Account Specialist Collections with any questions regarding your CA Dream Loan.