Documents in pdf format require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing.
Documents in doc format require the Microsoft Word software application for viewing. SJSU students, faculty and staff can obtain Microsoft software at reduced prices from the Spartan Bookstore.
Note: We will accept Spring 2013 Short-Term Loan Applications beginning January 23, 2013.
Loans of up to $500 are available for students who meet the following requirements:
- Have all fees paid in full or have sufficient financial aid awarded to cover all debts including Housing.
- Students on the Installment Payment Plan (IPP) are not eligible for an emergency loan.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of six undergraduate units or four graduate units.
- Have a definite and verifiable means of repayment such as pending financial aid or a job. (When a job is the source of repayment, the maximum amount of the short-term loan is $250).
- Have had no returned checks, and/or have not failed to pay fees or emergency loans by due dates.
- Must be clear of any monetary or financial aid academic progress holds.
To apply, complete this form:
- Complete Section 1: Student Information
- Complete Section 2: Reference Information
- Complete Section 3: Source of Repayment
- Enter the dollar amount of the loan you are requesting in the Amount: $ box
- Read the Agreement
- Sign and Date
- Please submit the application either in person to the Bursar's Office, by mail or by fax. Our mailing address and fax # are listed below.
- Processing time for the short-term loan is 1-5 working days.
- Short-term loans are disbursed electronically to your bank without a processing fee if you are enrolled in Direct Deposit. Otherwise, a paper check will be sent to you minus a $20 check processing fee.
- Multiple short-term loans will not be approved.
- Short-term loans must be repaid within 60 days, or by the last day of instruction for the semester, whichever comes first.