Federal Perkins Loans
Note: Documents in pdf format require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing.
A Federal Perkins Student Loan (formerly called NDSL) is for both undergraduate and credential students with exceptional financial need. The interest rate is 5% per year on the unpaid balance and SJSU is your lender.
Federal Perkins Student Loan Electronic Signature
Please do not attempt to eSign your promissory note or borrower information sheet until you receive notification from ECSI (Educational Computer Systems, Inc.) advising you to do so.
Notifications from ECSI will begin after July 1, 2014 for the 2014/2015 award year.
- Login to ECSI Electronic Promissory Notes.
- Provide your Social Security Number, last name and date of birth.
- Provide your FAFSA PIN when requested on the Student Authentication Network page.
- Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
- You must provide complete references who do not live at the same address as you. Failure to complete all lines accurately will keep this loan from disbursing to your account.
- Promissory Note: Read completely. Electronically sign at the bottom of the promissory note page. The electronic signature includes a check-off box plus your full legal name.
- We recommend you print copies for your records.
ECSI, our billing servicer, will notify SJSU when you complete this process so your Perkins Loan can be reviewed for disbursement to your student account. If you have any questions, please contact the Bursar's Office at email@example.com or at 408-924-1601.
To request a temporary deferment of your loan payments due to financial hardship, complete the Request for Hardship Deferment (pdf) form and return it to the Bursar’s Collections Department.
To Maintain Your Loan
To maintain your loan via the web, contact SJSU’s billing agent, Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI). Use this website to complete your required student loan Exit Interview.
Please contact Collections with any questions regarding your Federal Perkins Student Loan.