Student ID (Tower) Card

Tower Card and Tower Card Maxx

SJSU ID (Tower) Card

Matriculated degree seeking students, staff and faculty are issued a SJSU Tower Card at no cost. Open University and Special Session students are eligible to receive a University paper ID card. Both cards are issued at the Tower Card windows in the Bursar’s Office located in the Student Services Center. Students, staff and faculty must present a valid State Driver's License, DMV State ID, Passport, or other government-issued photo ID.

Tower Card Maxx

Make Your Tower Card the only Card on and off Campus!
You have enough to worry about in college without having to stress out about your finances.  U.S. Bank makes it simple.  Open a U.S. Bank Student Checking account and turn your Tower Card into your Campus ID and ATM/Debit Card -- all in one.  We've made it easy for you to manage your money with a great checking account for students. Also available for staff and faculty. Click here to learn more 

For your convenience, U.S. Bank has an office and an ATM in the Student Union. 

· U.S. Bank- 408.606.3208 


Deposit products offered by U.S. Bank National Association. Member FDIC. ©2016 U.S. Bank. The Maxx Card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. 

Your school chose U.S. Bank as its partner to offer students, faculty and staff the option to add banking functionality to the campus ID card. Students, faculty and staff are not required to open an account with U.S. Bank to receive or use the campus ID card for other campus services. 

For more information click to view the SJSU US Bank contract.

Gold Points

With your Tower Card, you never have to worry about carrying cash, credit cards or checks for some of your campus needs. Spartan Gold Points allow you to present your Tower Card to make your purchase. To purchase Gold Points now, visit Gold Points.

Open University and Special Session Students

Open University and Special Session students are not eligible to receive a Tower Card unless they become a member of Associated Students (AS) by paying the Student Association Fee at the General Services Office (located in the east wing of the Student Union). More information can be obtained at the Transportation Center website

Once the Student Association Fee has been paid, bring the receipt and a government issued photo ID to one of the Tower Card Windows, located in the Student Services Center next to the Cashiers windows, and a Tower Card will be issued for a fee of $5.00. 

Additional Information

For more information, see Student ID (Tower) Card FAQs.