Student ID (Tower) Card FAQs
- How and when will I get my Eco Pass Clipper Card?
- What is the difference between the Tower Card and the Tower Maxx Card?
- Where would I get the Maxx Card?
- What if I want to become a U.S. bank customer or already am a customer and want to replace the standard Tower Card for the Maxx card?
- How long does it take to activate the Maxx ATM debit card?
- Are there U.S. Bank ATM’s on campus?
- How does this partnership benefit SJSU?
- Where do I report lost/stolen Tower Card?
- How much does a Tower Card cost?
- Where do I get a Tower Card?
- What are Gold Points?
- How do I get Gold Points?
- How do Gold Points work?
- Where can I use my Gold Points?
Please note, starting in Fall 2015, the current Eco Pass sticker system will transition to an Eco Pass Clipper Card. SJSU students and employees will receive a Clipper Card pre-loaded with the Eco Pass. The SJSU Tower Card ID will still be required to receive and use the Eco Pass Clipper card. For more information see Eco Pass Clipper Overview.
The Tower Card is SJSU's official ID card and should be carried by SJSU students when on campus.
The Tower Maxx card is a combination card. It serves as the SJSU Tower ID Card and as a Visa debit card for U.S. Bank customers. U.S. Bank will be opening a branch on campus during the fall 2015 semester. Date is to be determined.
The Maxx card will be issued at the U.S. Bank branch in the Student Union, once the branch opens in the fall 2015 semester. If you leave SJSU, U.S. Bank will replace your MAXX card with a U.S. Bank Visa debit card.
What if I want to become a U.S. bank customer or already am a customer and want to
replace the standard Tower Card for the Maxx card?
If already a customer, you need to bring a government issued photo ID and proof of a U.S. Bank account to the U.S. Bank branch on campus, once it opens in fall 2015.
If you would like to become a U.S. Bank customer, you may go to any U.S. Bank branch and speak with a bank representative. U.S. Bank representatives will be available on campus once the branch opens in the Student Union.
The card is activated immediately upon issuance at the U.S. Bank branch in the Student Union after opening during the fall 2015.
There is one ATM in front of the Event Center. A second ATM will be located at the U.S. Bank branch in the Student Union, once the branch opens in fall 2015.
U.S. Bank offers:
- Financial literacy workshops for our students
- Personnel assistance with orientations & other campus events
- U.S. Bank branch on campus, opening fall 2015.
Contact the Bursar's Office 408-924-1610.
Your first Tower Card is free. If your Tower Card is lost, stolen or damaged, replacement
cost is $5.
Tower cards are available at the Cashier's Office windows 6-9 located in the Student
Services Center. Present your valid State Driver's License, DMV State ID, Passport,
or other government-issued photo ID, at any Tower Card Window. A plastic cardholder
will be issued to hold your Tower Card. For transit information, visit Associated Students.
Spartan Gold Points are pre-deposited dollars in your individual account, which enable you to purchase various goods and services on campus. These points are accessed with your SJSU Tower Card.
You may activate your account several ways:
- By logging on to Gold Points
- By visiting the Spartan Shops Office
- At the Dining Commons
- By phoning 408-924-1885 with credit card information
- Using the add-value stations in The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- Washington Square Hall Computer Lab
- Housing Modular Computer Lab
An account is set up to work like an ATM. It can be used at all registers in Spartan Shops locations and your account will be debited for the amount of the purchase automatically. Call 408-924-1885 or visit Spartan Shops for more information.
You can use your Gold Points account to pay for purchases in:
- Spartan Bookstore
- All retail dining facilities
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library Café
- Public-use printers in the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- Public-use copiers both in the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library and across campus
You must use your Gold Points account (no cash) to pay for purchases in:
- Public-use printers in many computer labs across Campus
- Residential hall laundry facilities