Student ID (Tower) Card FAQs
- Where do I get a Tower Card?
- How much does a Tower Card cost?
- Where do I report lost/stolen Tower Card?
- How and when will I get my Eco Pass Clipper Card?
- What are Gold Points?
- How do I get Gold Points?
- How do Gold Points work?
- Where can I use my Gold Points?
Tower cards are available at the Cashier's Office windows 6-9 located in the Student
Services Center. Present your valid State Driver's License, DMV State ID, Passport,
or other government-issued photo ID, at any Tower Card Window. A plastic cardholder
will be issued to hold your Tower Card. For transit information, visit Associated Students.
The first Tower Card is free, except for Open University and Special Session students.
Open University and Special Session students may purchase a Tower ID Card for $5.00
only if they have paid the Student Association Fee. If your Tower Card is lost, stolen
or damaged, replacement cost is $5.00. Payment for the Tower Card fee is cash only.
Contact the Bursar's Office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 408-924-1601 or in person at the Tower Card windows located in the
Student Services Center.
Please note, starting in Fall 2015, the current Eco Pass sticker system will transition
to an Eco Pass Clipper Card. SJSU students will receive a Clipper Card pre-loaded
with the Eco Pass. The SJSU Tower Card ID will still be required to receive and use
the Eco Pass Clipper card. For more information see Eco Pass Clipper Overview.
Spartan Gold Points are pre-deposited dollars in your individual account, which enable you to purchase various goods and services on campus. These points are accessed with your SJSU Tower Card.
You may activate your account several ways:
- By logging on to Gold Points
- By visiting the Spartan Shops Office
- At the Dining Commons
- By phoning 408-924-1885 with credit card information
- Using the add-value stations in The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- Washington Square Hall Computer Lab
- Housing Modular Computer Lab
An account is set up to work like an ATM. It can be used at all registers in Spartan Shops locations and your account will be debited for the amount of the purchase automatically. Call 408-924-1885 or visit Spartan Shops for more information.
You can use your Gold Points account to pay for purchases in:
- Spartan Bookstore
- All retail dining facilities
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library Café
- Public-use printers in the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- Public-use copiers both in the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library and across campus
You must use your Gold Points account (no cash) to pay for purchases in:
- Public-use printers in many computer labs across Campus
- Residential hall laundry facilities