Student ID (Tower) Card FAQs
- How and when will I get my decal?
- What is the difference between the Tower Card and the Tower Maxx Card?
- Where would I get the Maxx Card?
- What if I want to become a U.S. bank member or already am a member and want to replace the standard Tower Card for the Maxx card?
- Do I have to go to a U.S. Bank to become a member?
- How long does it take to activate the Maxx ATM debit card?
- Are there U.S. Bank ATM’s on campus?
- How does this partnership benefit SJSU?
- Where do I report lost/stolen Tower Card?
- How much does a Tower Card cost?
- Where do I get a Tower Card?
- What are Gold Points?
- How do I get Gold Points?
- How do Gold Points work?
- Where can I use my Gold Points?
Decals are mailed by the Transportation Solutions Office in August for the Fall semester, and in January for the Spring semester.
The Tower Card is SJSU's official ID card and should be carried by SJSU students when on campus.
The Tower Maxx card is a combination card. It serves as the SJSU Tower ID Card and as a Visa debit card for U.S. Bank members only.
The Maxx card will only be issued at the Tower Card windows in the Bursar's Office. If you leave SJSU, U.S. Bank will replace your MAXX card with a U.S. Bank Visa debit card.
What if I want to become a U.S. bank member or already am a member and want to replace
the standard Tower Card for the Maxx card?
If already a member, you need to bring a government issued photo ID and proof of a
U.S. Bank account to the Bursar’s Office for the Tower Maxx card.
If you would like to become a U.S. Bank member, you may go to any U.S. Bank branch or visit the Bursar's Office every other Tuesday from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm and speak with a bank representative.
No, U.S. bank representatives will be on campus, in the Bursar’s lobby. Their schedule is every other Tuesday of the month from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm beginning 10-28-2014.
The card is activated immediately upon issuance at the Bursar’s Office.
SJSU has 2 U.S. Bank ATM’s. One is at the ATM in front of the Event Center. The second ATM is on the ground floor of the Student Union, south entrance backing up to the Bookstore.
U.S. Bank offers:
- Financial literacy workshops for our students
- Personnel assistance with orientations & other campus events
- A banker on campus, once a week
Contact the Bursar's Office 408-924-1610.
Your first Tower Card is free. If your Tower Card is lost, stolen or damaged, replacement cost is $5.
Tower cards are available at the Cashier's Office windows 6-9 located in the Student Services Center. Present your valid State Driver's License, DMV State ID, Passport, or other government-issued photo ID, at any Tower Card Window. A plastic cardholder will be issued to hold your Tower Card. For transit information, visit Associated Students.
Spartan Gold Points are pre-deposited dollars in your individual account, which enable you to purchase various goods and services on campus. These points are accessed with your SJSU Tower Card.
You may activate your account several ways:
- By logging on to Gold Points
- By visiting the Spartan Shops Office
- At the Dining Commons
- By phoning 408-924-1885 with credit card information
- Using the add-value stations in The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- Washington Square Hall Computer Lab
- Housing Modular Computer Lab
An account is set up to work like an ATM. It can be used at all registers in Spartan Shops locations and your account will be debited for the amount of the purchase automatically. Call 408-924-1885 or visit Spartan Shops for more information.
You can use your Gold Points account to pay for purchases in:
- Spartan Bookstore
- All retail dining facilities
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library Café
- Public-use printers in the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- Public-use copiers both in the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library and across campus
You must use your Gold Points account (no cash) to pay for purchases in:
- Public-use printers in many computer labs across Campus
- Residential hall laundry facilities