Student Success Fees (Job & Internship Initiative)
The Career Center was allocated $151,402 of the $18,095,713 generated from the 2013/14 Student Success, Excellence & Technology Fee (SSETF). We utilized those funds to develop the Job & Internship Initiative (JII).
Ensure SJSU students are better positioned to compete for job & internship positions
increasing student awareness of the importance of internships; increasing access to employment opportunities; and providing resources to help students best present their strengths and abilities.
- Increase job postings/openings for career, pre-career, local part-time, on-campus and Work Study jobs
- Offer new opportunities to connect with employers
- Coordinate and deliver a minimum of one emerging market panel
- Continue to provide access to on-line resources
- Increased job postings by 26% from 15,322 to 19,332.
- Offered 11 Drop‐in Interview days bringing 18 employers to campus connecting 393 students with employment opportunities. Career Center expanded the service by partnering with Work2Future.
- Hosted a Non-Profit & Public Service Job & Internship Fairs held fall and spring semester (connecting 83 employers with 404 students).
- Coordinated and delivered an emerging market event, the Social Media Panel in Fall '14.
- Provided access to the following online resources: GoinGlobal, Online Chat, Virtual Workshops (WebEx), and Career Spots.
Career Center Student Advisory Group
The JII team has created the Career Center's first student advisory group comprising of student organizations and leaders on campus. More information on the purpose of the group and participated student organizations can be found on the student advisory group webpage.
Associate Director/WAIV Project Director
Program Manager of Workforce & Economic Development
Career and Internship Resources Coordinator
Marketing and Communications Intern (Employer-focused)
Marketing and Communications Intern (Student-focused)