SJSU Handshake for Alumni
Recent alumni retain access for 12 months after graduation. Click here to access SJSU Handshake.
Career Center Alumni Members sign-in to SJSU Handshake here.
How To Become a Career Center Alumni Member
- If you graduated more than 12 months ago, you must have a Career Center alumni membership to access SJSU Handshake.
- Click here to sign up for the Career Center alumni membership for $25 per year.
- If you are an alumni association member, you can receive a Career Center alumni membership at no-cost. Simply sign-up here.
SJSU Handshake Highlights
- Apply for jobs & internships targeted to SJSU students.
- Join events to gain strategies for building your career.
- Attend job fairs & info sessions to network with employers.
- Stay updated with opportunities in our bi-monthly newsletters.
Get started on SJSU's job & internship database!
Download SJSU Handshake Quick Reference (PDF)
1. Login with your SJSUOne ID and password.
- Currently registered students have access to SJSU Handshake.
- Recent alumni retain access for 12 months after graduation.
2. Setup your profile.
- Your profile is the basis of your job search in SJSU Handshake. Click on My Profile on the left navigation bar to start building your profile.
- To make your profile public to employers, click on your name in the upper right corner, select User Settings, and check Allow employers to be able to find and view my profile.
- Note: when you choose to make your profile public, employers, including third-party staffing agencies, may view your profile and contact you for positions even if you have not applied to their positions in SJSU Handshake.
- To hide your GPA while keeping profile public, go to My Profile, click on the icon next to Primary Education under Education, and check Hide on Profile under Cumulative GPA and/or Departmental GPA.
3. Search for jobs & internships.
- Click on Jobs & Internships on the left navigation bar.
- Create a search by selecting your search criteria in the search boxes.
- Save your search by clicking on the plus (+) sign next to Saved Searches at the top and naming your search.
Tips for Success
- Fill out your profile completely. This way, employers will be able to quickly screen your qualifications. Recruiters will see the profiles that most closely align with the position qualifications first. Note: Work experience will be automatically placed in reverse chronological order.
- Create efficient searches. Job postings are targeted to groups of related majors, so search for jobs under major groups that commonly fit in the career field in which you are interested. You can also select Yes to Match All Employer Preferences to narrow down positions for which you are most qualified.
- Customize your News Feed for relevant opportunities. Follow specific companies by going to Employers, selecting your search criteria, clicking on your desired employer, and clicking Favorite Employer at the top.
|Have questions about using SJSU Handshake?||
For additional information regarding our SJSU Handshake disclaimer around fraudulent postings and employers' access to your public profile and documents (ex. Resume), click here.