Partner with the Career Center
We are happy to partner with faculty and staff to support our students’ success. We offer a variety of innovative career preparation resources that can support developed curriculum as assignments or class activities.
Here are some ways that we can support you:
1. Workshop requests and in class presentations:
Each of our career counselors has a background in career/educational counseling, specialized training in instructional design, and/or specific industry experience with the career areas they represent. If you'd like to have one our career counselors visit your class to discuss career related topics.
2. Connect your students to career preparation resources and events:
In addition to career education, we offer many employer connection events for students, individual career coaching, drop-in advising, and job/internship opportunities. Here are some of the most shared resources that might benefit your students:
- Our Career Center commercial (1 minute)
- Career Plan Checklist to help students meet essential milestones for career success
- SJSU Handshake to find jobs and internships related to their interest areas and major
- Career Guides (PDF) on Resumes & Cover Letters, Job/Internship Search, Interviewing, Applying to Graduate School, Graduate Student Guide
- Handouts for Educators to share with your students or incorporate into course activities
- Program Calendar to connect with our workshops, events, and coaching hours
- Career Outcomes data by college and statistics to build career awareness and pathways
3. Participate in the Spartan Career Readiness Program
The Spartan Career Readiness Program is a comprehensive, career preparation initiative (online course, badge program, career management tools) which offers digital resources, transferable skill building activities, and access to internship & career opportunities to help Spartans:
- Identify their core strengths, interests and values
- Understand how to build 21st century skills
- Learn to apply design thinking principles to personal career management
- Confidently launch their careers upon graduation
Canvas Course & Modules (non-unit bearing)
This online curriculum is based on career development and design theories. It is intended to be easily accessible to faculty, staff, and students. To request access to the course content (all or just select modules) please fill out this Canvas Course Request Form.
Your Journey to Career Readiness - Preview the course
Three modules which review fundamentals of self-assessment, transferable skills building, and job and internships search. They can be completed on your own schedule and pace (approx. 5 hours to micro-learning and exercises).
Three modules to help students prepare for, find, and complete an internship.
Careers in Tech for Non-Tech Majors
Three modules to help students identify transferable skills, career paths, and opportunities within high tech organizations.
Badge to Hire: 21st Century Skills for the Workplace
These micro-credentials offer students specific examples and practice activities to build transferable skills that employers seek in candidates.
Skills Badges offered: Oral Communication, Critical Thinking, Creative Problem Solving, Collaboration.
Please contact Anita Manuel to participate in the program: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help students understand the fundamentals of a successful job or internship search by having them complete the Launch Your Career module within the Canvas course (mentioned above). Students who complete the readings and assignments within the module are eligible to receive the Career Management Badge.
- Skills practiced include: resume development, professional pitch, networking, interviewing and job/internship search strategies.
- Time required for completion: 2-4 hours depending on student experience with the skills mentioned above. Students have one semester to finish the assigned career activities and claim their badge.
- Students who complete the badge are eligible for Fast Pass Access to select career fairs (undergraduate only)
- The digital Career Management badge (issued via Badgr) can be shared with employers or professional networks (JPEG for social media)
Career Center Apps
Your Career Management Systems
Make the career-development process easier by using the latest apps for career management:
- SJSU Handshake: Career coaching appointments, job and internship database/application system, career events calendar & registration
- Focus2: Self-assessment reports, career/industry research, action planning
- SJSU² Mentoring & Meetups - Connects students with alumni for career mentoring
- VMock: Resume builder and review system
- Big Interview: Virtual mock interview system
- GoinGlobal: International job and internship portal
- Career Guides: Resume & Cover Letters, Job & Internship Search, Interviewing
Have questions, suggestions, or resources for students? We are always looking to work with faculty and staff to best serve our students. Feel free to contact us with any collaboration requests. Additionally, please share with us your best practices around career-related activities. We’d love to receive your feedback!