Drop-In Interviews for Employers
What are Drop-In Interviews?
Drop-In interviews are a no-cost service offered to employers seeking to fill many positions quickly. This service works best with the employers in the service industry (e.g., retail, foods, entertainment, hospitality), or for positions that require little to no experience.
- No-cost service.
- Access to large pool of qualified candidates.
- Candidates are prescreened online.
- Ability to host two Drop-In Interview events annually.
- Reservation of private interview rooms on-campus.
- Company and available positions are marketed throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
How It Works
A Drop-In Interview event is like speed networking. Based upon the minimum eligibility requirements you send us, recruiters will be referred eligible candidates every 15 minutes. this allows recruiters to meet many candidates in a short amount of time. Since you're provided with a private interview room, it allows you to have a face-to-face initial interview without distraction. These events are open to the general public to ensure a diverse pool of qualified candidates. Each candidate participates in an initial online prescreening before they are referred to you to ensure they meet your minimum qualifications. Up to seven recruiters can be accommodated.
At the end of the day of your drop-in interview event, you will be provided an additional space to host a 30 minute group interview. Group interviews are informational in nature and we encourage you to collect resumes, answer questions, and to provide candidates with information regarding next steps. Group interviews are typically up to 20 candidates.
- Must have 10+ positions to fill.
- Positions must require little (6 months) to no experience.
- A job description must be provided in advance.
- Must meet with and interview each candidate referred.
- Must stay within the 15 minute interview time frame.
This service is a collaboration between the following organizations:
To schedule a no-cost consultation with the SJSU Career Center to see if Drop-In Interviews are right for your recruitment needs, please contact Andrew Soliz at (408) 924-6042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.