Maximize Your Recruitment Efforts
Attract Silicon Valley’s TOP Talent
The best way to attract exceptional SJSU candidates is to offer an exceptional internship opportunity
Start with a great description
- Describe your company and the work environment.
- The benefits of working for your organization.
- Qualifications and the kind of candidates who excel in your environment.
- Provide the project description and job duties; the more details the better. Most internship projects have a "start-to-finish" and a resulting product (a report, paper or presentation for example).
- Include learning objectives and outcomes (what the intern will learn).
- Information about training, professional development and industry exposure.
- Provide information regarding supervision and/or mentorship.
Non-exceptional descriptions could result in fewer qualified candidates and less interest in the opportunity. Your organization benefits by developing a quality opportunity that will attract the best and the brightest.
High Impact Internship Recruiting Tips
San Jose State University has a diverse student body in various disciplines across campus. The best way to announce your internship opportunity is to begin by posting it on our no-cost job and internship database: SpartaJobs.
Marketing your internship or job opportunity is an active and engaging process. SJSU talent is in high demand and thousands of employers compete for SJSU students. Here are some ideas to consider gaining greater visibility:
- Post your job on SpartaJobs
- Attend a Job Fair
- Host an Information Session through the Career Center
- Become a Career Center or Job Fair Sponsor
- Ask the Career Center about our social media marketing sponsorship package
- Ask the Career Center if they have any personal referrals from our job placement program called WorkAbility
- Connect to student groups and organizations on campus
- Connect with student groups and organizations on Facebook
- Drop off fliers of your opportunity to the Career Center
- Join SJSU related Yahoo! and Google groups that consist of students
- ALWAYS mention that your posting is in SpartaJobs and provide the ID # so students can easily access it
- Consider publishing an ad in the Spartan Daily and list the SpartaJobs ID #
- Opt-in to our recruitment and partnership opportunities by logging into your SpartaJobs account, clicking “Account” and selecting all additional services of interest