What Do Interns Want?
Students hope to gain valuable real-world experience from their internship. An internship should be a learning experience to show students how to apply knowledge to real-world applications. Here are some expectations from the student’s perspective.
- The work to be meaningful and very hands on, affording the opportunity to see tangible results.
- To experience different areas of the company, rotational assignments are ideal.
- To be challenged and given regular feedback from a supervisor/mentor.
- To be considered an integral member of a team and not operate in a vacuum.
- To meet and interact with people to learn as much as possible about the company.
- To serve as ambassadors for the company by helping recruit other students at campus events and through word of mouth to earn competitive wages.