- Design Studies
- Graphic Design
- Communication Studies
- Public Relations
- Radio Television Video Film
Explore This Career
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- User Experience Design
- Social Media
How to Utilize the Career Center
The Career Center’s mission is to help students become self-aware of the knowledge and skills they gained here at SJSU, such as the University Learning Goals, and connect them to careers they can pursue after college. We also help students learn how to articulate their knowledge and skills to future employers through their resume, interview, portfolio and networking opportunities.
Here are 4 ways to utilize the Career Center:
- Promote Career Center Resources to Your Students
- Request a Classroom Presentation
- Integrate Career Education in Your Curriculum
- Collaborate with the Career Center
Contact Us for more information.
If you would like to integrate career resources into your classroom, you can do so by promoting the following to your students:
- Jobs/Internships (SJSU Handshake)
- Program Calendar
- Drop-Ins for undergraduate students
- Resources by Major
- Online Resources
- Explore Majors/Careers
- Find a Job/Internship
- Resume/Cover Letter
- Receiving an Offer
Fill out the Workshop Request Form to request a Career Center representative to conduct a workshop for your class.
Here are some guidelines/expectations:
- A 2-week lead time is required before the requested date.
- One request is allowed per class.
- There has to be at least 20 people expected to attend.
- Requests are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Career Center staff may not be available for presentations 2 weeks prior to our job fairs.
Common presentation topics include:
- Overview of Career Center Services
- Exploring Majors/Careers
- Job/Internship Search Tips and Resources
- Networking/Job Fair Success
- Resumes/ Cover Letters
- Interviewing Tips
- Professionalism in the Workplace
Presentations can be tailored, please specify on form what you want customized.
With your knowledge about your specific field of discipline, you can be a Career Center ambassador by getting familiar with our resources and tips. Feel free to share tips with your class and create class assignments that integrate career education.
Below are examples of assignments other faculty here at SJSU have assigned:
- Register on SJSU Handshake
- Attend a Career Center event
- Take a free career assessment
- Get a resume critique
Need help with coming up with ideas? Contact your college liaison.
We are always looking to work with faculty/staff to best serve our students. Below are different ways to collaborate with us.
Seeking marketing for career-related events, courses, or groups through our:
- Weekly newsletter emails tailored to each college
- Social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Presentations and drop-in hours if relevant to students
Contributing to our resources and services by relaying:
- Job/internship sites, tips, and resources to Resources by Major
- Job/internship opportunities for students
- Professional development opportunities for students
- Student needs for specific populations
Contact your college liaison for more information.
Have questions, suggestions, or resources for students? Feel free to contact us! We welcome your expertise and knowledge and are happy to collaborate with you to better serve our students.
Find your Career Center college liaison:
- College of Business: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Engineering: email@example.com
- College of Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Social Sciences, College of Humanities & Arts: email@example.com
- College of Applied Sciences & Arts, College of Science: firstname.lastname@example.org