Mission: Finance Your Education

A student Veteran speaking with a financial coordinator

There are many different ways that you can finance your education while at San José State University. Below is a list of resources to get you started to see what you qualify for:

  • GI Bill: The GI Bill can pay a percentage of your educational costs and a housing allowance. To see if you are eligible connect with the Veterans Service Office at San José State University.
  • Vocational Rehabilitation:  If you have a V.A. disability rating of 20% or more, you may be eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation to help cover many costs of your education plus a living allowance.  Vocational Rehabilitation can pick up when the GI Bill runs out for those that qualify. Contact the Veterans Affairs Office to see if you are eligible.
  • WorkAbility IV Program: Funded through the California State Department of Rehabilitation, the WAIV program provides individuals with disabilities assistance in completion of their educational and career goals. If qualified for the program, you may receive financial assistance as well as professional guidance.
  • SJSU Financial Aid: In addition to your GI Bill and/or Voc Rehab you may also qualify for Federal and State grants, loans and work study benefits. Fill out your application with FAFSA today and connect with the SJSU Financial Aid Office for the next steps. San José State University also offers a wide variety of scholarships to students.
  • Working while attending San José State University: There are many opportunities to find civilian employment on and off campus. The Career Center’s online job database SJSU Handshake offers part-time, on-campus, temporary, career related, and work study positions. Spartan Shops offers a variety of on campus employment opportunities.