Find a Job/Internship
Video tutorial: How to Find an On-Campus/Part-Time Job
On-campus jobs that may not be posted on SJSU Handshake:
- Spartan Shops
- San Jose State University Associated Students
- San Jose State University Library
- San Jose State University Peer Connections
- San Jose State University – University Police Departments (UPD)
- Student Union Human Resources
- San Jose State University Housing Services
Remember to complete the Application for Work Study or Student Assistant Position form and submit it to the designated hiring department.
Meet employers that are ready to hire for internship and job opportunities. Check out the list of upcoming career fairs.
Read our Tips for Career Fair Success
Company Presentations and Information Sessions
Companies conduct presentation, information sessions, and workshop to showcase their culture, job opportunities, and business. They're a great way to connect with recruiters and employees.
Read our tips for success during information sessions.
Apply and interview for part-time jobs during the school year or summer jobs.
Learn about our drop-in interviews.
If you are registered on SJSU Handshake, you will be notified via email on upcoming drop-in interview dates.
Build Your Experience
Your experiences both inside and outside the classroom give you the skills and qualities employers want. These experiences can help you build your resume and portfolio. Here are different ways to gain experience.
- Join student organizations and participate in extracurricular activities on campus!
- Find out if there are research assistant opportunities on campus.
- Look into studying abroad.
- View this handout on how to integrate your curriculum into your career.
- Internships are highly valuable experiences. See our internship resources page.
- Build your portfolio with freelance work.
Develop Your Plan
Take your skills, qualities and interests, pair them with the job you want, and map out a plan that works for you.
- Read and watch the videos in our Identify Your Skills page to learn about the skills SJSU students develop and how to market them.
- Make sure you did your research about employers and careers.
- Map out your job/internship search plan using our job search plan handout.
- Your online presence can also help you in your job search. Read our section on using social media and your online presence.