SpartaRecruiting: On Campus Interviews
The Career Center offers SpartaRecruiting to SJSU students who are registered in SpartaJobs. At this time SpartaRecruiting allows employers the option of reserving rooms for on-campus interviews with current students and registered alumni. If you are interested in participating in SpartaRecruiting, you must do the following:
- Register with SpartaJobs.
- Apply to the employer’s position on SpartaJobs.
- Review our 5 steps for success!
On-Campus Interview Dates
Please check the employer’s job posting(s) in SpartaJobs for resume submission deadlines and/or application process. There may be strict deadlines and often no exceptions are made if you have missed the employer’s date.
Step 1: Apply for positions through SpartaJobs
- Register: Login to the Career Center’s SpartaJobs to complete your registration.
- Upload your Resume/Cover Letter. To upload your resume/cover letter, select the "resumes/documents" tab and proceed. Select the "Help" button for instructions if needed.
- Apply for Positions: Once you are registered and have uploaded your resume and cover letter in SpartaJobs, you will be able to submit them directly to the employer’s SpartaJobs position. Students must meet all of the employer’s requirements to apply online. The employer will then review the applications and contact those candidates who will be invited for an interview.
- Check your email regularly. You will hear back from the employer directly if you have been selected for an interview.
Step 2: After you have applied through SpartaJobs
- Keep a record of your appointments. You may want to use your calendar in SpartaJobs to record your appointment and email you a reminder. Select the calendar tab and then select the “Personal Events” tab to set up your reminder. Remember, it is your responsibility to keep all scheduled appointments.
- Be professional during your job search. If you must cancel an interview, do so a minimum of at least two business days prior to your scheduled interview. Contact the employer directly to cancel interviews. If you fail to cancel your interview within this time frame you will be considered a “late cancellation” or “no-show” which may result in loss of Career Center privileges.
Step 3: Prep for the Interview
Step 4: The Day of the Interview:
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes BEFORE your scheduled interview. On-campus interviews are conducted in the Career Center, Administration Building Room 154. Please enter through room 154 downstairs. The entrance is across from Dudley Moorehead Hall (DMH), see campus map for details. Our map label is "CAR", we are located between the Engineering building and Dudley Moorhead Hall. Please check in with our front desk staff at the top of the stairs.
- Off-campus interviews are conducted at the employer’s site and the employer will give you instructions prior to your interview. If you need to confirm your appointment, please contact the employer prior to the day of your interview.
Step 5: After the Interview
- Send a thank you note after the interview. Sending a thank you letter is not only good courtesy, but it is also another way of getting your name and qualifications in front of a recruiter or a networking connection. A thank you letter can also be one more way of highlighting your writing skills.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ’s or contact the Career Center at 408-924-6031 for assistance.