Accounting & AIS
The Accounting concentration prepares students for careers in certified public accounting and managerial accounting in private and public sectors of the economy.
The Accounting Information Systems concentration prepares students for careers in accounting, consulting, business analysis and management.
Use career information resources to explore potential majors, related careers, and career paths.
- What Can I Do With My Major?
- O*Net - Career Information Database
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Careers in Accounting
- Federal Jobs by College Major
- LinkedIn Alumni Search – Connections Menu: Find Alumni
Job and Internship Websites
Use job and internship websites to identify typical job/internship titles and openings.
- SJSU Handshake
- USA JOBS - The Federal Government's Official Job Site
- Careers in California Government
- General Job Listings
- General Internship Listings
- GoinGlobal – International Job Search
- LinkedIn Jobs Menu
SJSU Student Clubs and Campus Involvement
Join in SJSU student clubs and other campus programs to serve the community, build teamwork experience, learn about career paths, and cultivate a supportive career community.
- AIESEC - Global Leadership
- Alpha Kappa Psi – Business Professional Development Fraternity
- The Banking and Investment Association
- Beta Alpha Psi– Professional Accounting Fraternity
- SJSU Career Center Internship Resources
- Delta Sigma Pi – Business Professional Development Fraternity
- Financial Management Association
- Gary J Sbona Honors Program
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- International Business Association
- Latino Business Student Association
- Global Leadership Passport Program
- Global Operations Management Association
- SJSU Service Learning
- SJSU Student Involvement
- SJSU Study Abroad
- Thompson Global Internship Program
Explore professional associations and organizations to learn about relevant industry research and trends, connect with working professionals, and discover career options.