The Business Analytics concentration prepares students for careers in data analysis, applying methods from statistics and operations research to broad sources of data in order to develop models, form insights, and make decisions that improve business performance. Specific applications of data analysis could include decision analysis and modeling, marketing strategy development, process optimization, and information technology management.
Use career information resources to explore potential majors, related careers, and career paths.
- What Can I Do With My Major?
- O*Net - Career Information Database
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Federal Jobs by College Major
- LinkedIn Alumni Search – Connections Menu: Find Alumni
Job and Internship Websites
Use job and internship websites to identify typical job/internship titles and openings.
- SJSU Handshake
- Careers in California Government
- USA JOBS - The Federal Government's Official Job Site
- General Job Listings
- General Internship Listings
- GoinGlobal – International Job Search
- LinkedIn Jobs Menu
SJSU Student Clubs and Campus Involvement
Join in SJSU student clubs and other campus programs to serve the community, build teamwork experience, learn about career paths, and cultivate a supportive career community.
- AIESEC - Global Leadership
- Alpha Kappa Psi – Business Professional Development Fraternity
- SJSU Career Center Internship Resources
- Delta Sigma Pi – Business Professional Development Fraternity
- Gary J Sbona Honors Program
- International Business Association
- Latino Business Student Association
- Global Leadership Passport Program
- Global Operations Management Association
- Management Information Systems Association
- Marketing Association
- SJSU Service Learning
- SJSU Student Involvement
- SJSU Study Abroad
- Thompson Global Internship Program
Explore professional associations and organizations to learn about relevant industry research and trends, connect with working professionals, and discover career options.