So I'm an Economics Major, Now What?
Economics graduates are employed in industries like government, economic market research, banking and finance, insurance, healthcare, and teaching. To learn more visit the Department of Economics website.
Where Do My People Work?
Common Career Tracks
- According to LinkedIn, SJSU economics majors commonly work in finance, sales, and operations. Common employers include Cisco, Apple, EY, Wells Fargo, and Google.
- Learn about the different career tracks on What Can I Do With My Major?
- Learn about working in various industries at the American Economics Association.
- Research job titles at O*Net - Career Information Database.
- Research job statistics at the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Interested in graduate school? View Payscale's Lifetime Earnings to see how years of experience vs. degree level influence average lifetime earnings.
Where Do I Look for Opportunities?
Job, Internship, and Volunteer Opportunities
Check SJSU Handshake, SJSU's job and internship database exclusively for students.
Earn credits through the Economics Internship Program.
General Job/Internship Boards
- USAJobs / Pathways Internships for Students/Recent Grads
- U.S. Department of State Internship Program
- County of Santa Clara / Internships / Volunteer
- City of San Jose / Volunteer
- CA.gov (View List of Jobs by Major)
How Can I Get Involved?
How Can I Increase My Chances of Succeeding?
Job Search Tips
- Research company reviews, salaries, interviews, & benefits on Glassdoor.
- Check the AEA's Resource Guide for additional resources.
- Use the Economics Resume Sample as a guide to tailoring your resume.
- For more resources check out as Education and Business.